Associate Faculty Associate
410 Education Building
1000 Bascom Mall
Madison, WI 53706
Heather Dahl earned her Ph.D. (2014) in Special Education from the University of Wisconsin—Madison. Dr. Dahl currently supports preservice teachers pursuing certification in Special and Elementary Education as a Program Coordinator, Advisor, and Instructor in Rehabilitation Psychology and Special Education as well as in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction. She holds an area of focus in early childhood education, early intervention, and family/community engagement. Prior to joining the RPSE faculty in 2014, Dr. Dahl served as a special education teacher in public schools in New York, North Carolina, Washington, and Wisconsin.
- Ph D Special Education, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2014
- MA Special Education, Edgewood College, 2007
- BA Public Relations, Journalism, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2004
- Dahl, H. (2020, ). Universal Design for Learning as an Essential Tool for Social Justice. presented at the Spring Supervisor Conference, Madison, WI.
- Dahl, H. (2013, ). The Ethics of Mentorship in the Research Setting. presented at the Integrating Research Ethics and Scholarship Presentation, Madison, WI.
- Dahl, H. (2013, ). Effective Components of Family Literacy Programs for Families of Children with Disabilities. presented at the Spring Research Conference, Madison, WI.
- Dahl, H. (2011, ). Volunteering and Working with Children with Learning Disabilities. presented at the Bureau of Aging and Disability Resources Office on Aging Conference
Select Awards and Honors
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Accreditation, Kids Express Learning Center, 2019
- Integrating Research Ethics and Scholarship (IRES) Fellowship, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2012
- National Honors Society, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2012
- Graduate Dean's Scholarship, New York University, 2006